Saturday, February 1, 2014

CSI case file #108 - Art

Hello and welcome! A new CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration case file is up, and it is a gorgeous one:
 
 
 I had fun making a mixed-media background.
 
From the evidence items I used: mixed-media background, newsprint, flowers, rub-ons, stamps, bird, hearts, musical elements and pen work. From the testimony I did a layout about art and some of the many positive effects of doing art. The base is watercolour paper which was coated with gesso. I pressed a lid into the gesso to create circles. When the gesso was dry, I added some printed tissue paper and then painted on top with Distress Paints.
 

When the background was dry, I stamped it with two text stamps, one of which is about art. The hearts were done with embossing paste, through a Wendy Vecchi stencil.
 
The big heart is on the same stencil. When the paste was dry, I painted the hearts and when the paint was dry, they were dry brushed with some brown paint. I gave this heart a shadow to make it look even more dimensional. The title was die cut, being the first part of the word 'artist' on the Stacked Artful Words die. It was stamped with an art definition stamp.
 
I mixed green paint into some paste and stenciled dots on the background. The background was also stamped with a bunch of other stamps, fitting the theme.
 
This is one of my favourite quotes about art. I stamped a Darkroom Door bike, because of the cycle in the photo, and there are some rub-on words.

The photo was layered on two pieces of text paper and I also used a doily, stamped with the same stamp as the title. The flowers had already been die cut for a different project, but ended up on this layout instead. There is also a grid die cut layered behind the photo.

Behind the bird you can see the outline of one of the lids that were pressed into the wet gesso. I also splattered the background with a little bit of Walnut Stain paint.

Thank you for looking! I hope you will join us this week!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Daler & Rowney watercolour paper; Bazzill Antique 6 x 6 papers; Tim Holtz Idea-ology Melangeri Tissue Wrap
Dies: Sizzix: Tattered Flower Garland, Stacked Artful Words, Gridworks 1 3/8 Squares
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz: Classics #4, Classics #20, Mini Classics, Mini Muse, Nature's Moments; Stampers Anonymous: Art Defintion; Darkroom Door: Enjoy the Ride
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black, Potting Soil; Distress Ink: Gathered Twigs; Tsukineko: Stazon Jet Black
Paint: Distress Paint: Victorian Velvet, Evergreen Bough, Broken China, Antique Linen, Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint
Stencils: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz: Bubble, Cargo; Wendy Vecchi: Never Enough Hearts
Medium: Stampers Anonymus Wendy Vecchi: White Embossing Paste; Golden Artist Paint Gesso
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Chit Chat stickers, Words Remnant Rubs; doily

11 comments:

  1. Love this layout. I don't scrapbook, but I love looking at other's work. I am a paper crafter; love making cards, books, boxes, etc. The little boy in the picture is the cutest little fella. A great picture. My little boys are all grown up and I miss having them around.
    Edie in NC

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty. all those little details add up to make this PERFECT!
    it's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous - so many awesome details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous textural background!!! Love the colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BAIE baie mooi , Anna-Karin! Daar is pragtige details, en jou(?) seuntjie is ook baie mooi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love your work. The details of your techniques are fascinating. The whole layout is charming and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stunning - I love the delicate spring colours, and the amazing layered stamping - gorgeous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. just gorgeous is your take on the challenge, love the layers and everything really...so inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!