Friday, November 8, 2013

Simon Says Stamp Tim Holtz Holiday Card Kit

Hi everyone! I have had so much fun playing with Simon Says Stamp Holiday Card Kit inspired by Tim Holtz. The kit is full of fabulous stamps, papers, ink and embellishments, enough to make a lot of cards. You can also use the kit for scrapbooking, ATCs, Christmas decorations, or anything you can think of. No kit is exactly the same and you can choose whether you want the stamps to be cling or clear. I picked cling stamps, since I like the versatility and longevity of rubber stamps.  

I made seven cards and still have lots of left-overs. I've divided the cards into two blog posts, this is the first one. Almost everything I used are in the kits, all I added were a few die cuts, white embossing powder, Jet Black Archival Ink and a little bit of Distress Paint. The kit contains four District Market notecards with envelopes, and these are a great base for quick Christmas cards.

The background was stamped with two of the stamps in the kit. The ticket was inked and stamped with Iced Spruce and the sentiment with Jet Black. The stamp set is specially put together for the kit, from different Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous stamps. Don't worry if you already have some of the stamp designs, the ones in the kit are of a different size, even the smaller ones. I like having different sizes of favourite stamps.

My kit contained this great wreath and I painted it with Distress Paints, using a paint brush. When it was dry, I burnished it lightly to bring out some of the metal. I love the label stickers in the kit, they are great when it comes to adding your own words or numbers.

The mirrored stars were coloured with alcohol ink and the wreath is hanging from a Metal Ring Fastener.

This notecard has vintage postcards printed on top and I didn't want to cover too many up. The sentiment and snowflakes were white embossed. The holly branches were stamped with Jet Black ink and I added dots of glossy accents and sprinkled red Distress Glitter on top. The kit includes four colours Distress Glitter in little bags. Santa was stamped with Jet Black ink on Ranger's watercolor paper, which is also in the kit. Smear Distress Ink on your craft sheet, mist with water and pick up with a paint brush. 
 
The Cardinal was die cut from grungeboard, inked with Festive Berries and coated with Festive Berries Distress Glitter.
 
There is a Picket Fence Distress Marker in the kit and I used it to add snow, stars and highlights to this notecard. First, you won't see anything, but the marker dries opaque white.
 
I liked the snowy effect and made a simple card, attaching a word band from the kit (first rubbing white paint into the words) to linen ribbon and stapled it to the card. The corners were rounded with my Crop-a-dile.

Another Cardinal was covered with red glitter and two holly leaves with Festive Berries and Mowed Lawn Distress Glitter. I love the vintage shimmer of Distress Glitter.

On the fourth notecard, I white embossed the sleigh stamp and a sentiment, both of which are such pretty stamps. There is also a piece of mirrored sheet in the kit, and I used it to die cut additional stars. They look just like a mirror, pretty cool. The card was given a quick border with tissue tape and tinsel, both of which are in the kit.  
 
Thank you for stopping by!! I will be back over the weekend with a more inky post and another three cards made with the kit.
 
Happy Christmas Crafting!
 
Anna-Karin
 
Supplies:
 
Supplies that were not in the kit:
Dies: Sizzix: Crescent Moon & StarsMini Pine Tree & Holly, Mini Cardinal & Poinsettia
Alcohol ink: Adirondack: Ginger, Espresso
Paint: Distress Paint: Peeled Paint, Barn Door, Picket Fence
Embossing powder: Ranger Seafoam White

5 comments:

  1. very nice - you are amazing and make everything look so simple!
    would love to have your skills!
    thanks for the inspiration!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ... what great ideas from Tim's kit. Love the white embossing on the last card. And I really loved all the picket fence highlights :) Looking forward to the second post. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards. I just got my kit this week and you have given me some great ideas! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!