Monday, January 14, 2013

Lace Love

Hello! This week, our challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show is 'Lace Love'; real lace, die cuts, stamps, rub-ons etc. I am looking forward to seeing all the gorgeous creations posted to the challenge and don't miss the DT projects, my team mates amaze me every week with the projects they come up with.

As a child, I collected pretty pieces of lace, ribbons and fabric, and decided to use some of them on this tag:

My tag celebrates the lovely texture and lightness of lace and what goes better together with lace than vintage fabric and a quite a bit of machine sewing. The fabric was glued to a manila tag with a glue stick, just in the middle and then pieces of lace were layered on top. Two of the pieces of lace were dyed with Antique Linen Distress Stain first. I stitched everything to the tag with my sewing machine.

I inked only one word from two sentiments from Tim Holtz Stuff to Say and Words for Thought sets, and stamped them on the tag with Coffee ink. To do this, simply tear off two pieces of sticky notepad and mask off the rest of the stamp when inking the word that you want to stamp, then remove the masks and stamp. It is a great way to get more out of your sentiment stamps.

The sweet Tim Holtz image was stamped twice on Specialty Stamping paper with Coffee Archival ink.  Archival Ink looks absolutely stunning on Specialty Stamping paper (as does all inks I have used on the paper). I coloured the image lightly with Distress Inks, Antique Linen on the wings, Tattered Rose on her face and Tumbled Glass on the crown. I cut the wings and the crown out from one of the images and adhered them on top of the focal image with foam dots, for dimension.

Two canvas butterflies flutter across the tag, one with a piece of lace as its body, the other with a cute mini wooden spool wrapped with a strip of old magical book paper. Both butterflies were inked with Vintage Photo, as was the wooden spool.

The other butterfly, with a lace body. The flower trim was dyed with Antique Linen Distress Stain, which gives just the perfect amount of an aged look.

I punched a hole through the fabric with my Crop-a-dile and tied another piece of dyed lace through it.

Join us this week and you can be the lucky one to win a $50 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp.

18 comments:

  1. So very pretty Anna-Karin! I love the aged look and all the stitching you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the neutral colours and all the wonderful texturesounhave used..trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so sweet and pretty love this :) have a good week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna-Karin, gorgeos gorgeous tactile tag. I love your lace and fabric stitched to the tag, the stitching itself adds so much interest. You have used one of my favourite stamps which looks wonderful against the lace backdrop. Enjoy your week. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful lace and fabric tag! Love the image and those butterflies! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anna-Karin, what could be better than butterflies, lace and Tim Holtz! I love your lacey tag, the stitching looks beautiful and the butterfly bodies are gorgeous. A really beautiful tag. Thanks for tip about masking off the stamp to use only the parts you want, too. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an enchanting tag - beautiful in all the details, and quirky stamping! Gorgeous vintage fabric...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant Anna! So creative and so full of wonderful details!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your tag , all the textures are awesome...I love those laces ( humm great inspiration... I've got scraps). Cool butterfly !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous lacy tag! Love the beautiful trims and accents and that image is so sweet and perfect on the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another jaw-dropping creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This fabric tag is amazing! Love the neutral colors with the brown. And such pretty lace too! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty and delicate fabric tag, Anna-Karin! I like all the soft touches like the stitching and pretty embellishments :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the stamps from Tim Holtz.
    Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sewing magic here!!! I love the material and all the lace! The image is wonderful! I shall pin this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anna-Karin...your tag is beautiful. I love all of the sewing and the layers of fabric. The canvas underneath is perfect for all of the laces and other beautiful embellishments you've added. I love the stamped girl and how you've colorized her so perfectly. Gorgeous little butterflies and flowers! As always, a beautifully done piece. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool! I love all the notions you were able to incorporate so nicely into your tag design. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a wonderful tag - I adore the delicate colours and the stamped image really stands out. It is so beautiful xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!