Saturday, December 29, 2012

CSI case file #52

I hope you had a lovely Christmas! Time for the last CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration challenge of the year, and this is the gorgeous case file:

I made another double-pager, with photos from when I took this year's Christmas photos of my son:

He was a good poser this year, and I used several different photos, so everybody didn't get the same photo. From the evidence items I used: woodgrain, washers, metal-rimmed tags, newspaper print (sort of, more a dictionary stamp), kraft paper, circles, and number stickers. And from the testimony: inspired by 'gift', hand wrote my journaling on tags, and I was inspired by the "brown paper packages tied up with strings". I was also inspired by the packaging on the inspiration photos and used a die cut brown paper bag.

I used a dry embossed Core'dinations paper for the background and layered the photos on woodgrain paper, a bit of sparkly red paper, and a stamped scalloped border. The layout is about Anton's wish list this year, and his thoughts about the coming of Santa, I finished it on Christmas Eve, just a few hours before Santa did arrive (and was surprisingly enough not recognised). The camera die cut is on the layout, both because it was a photo shoot, and because one of the things Anton wished for was a camera, like mine, he'll have to wait a little bit longer for that though.

The journaling is written on tags tucked into the paper bag, I also added additional small photo there.

The tag was die cut from kraft cardstock, stamped with a vintage Santa, a pencil, and the title was stamped with alphabet stamps. I also used some Seasonal ChitChat stickers and number stickers for the year. I glued a little washer as a reinforcer to the tag.
The bag is die cut from kraft paper with Tim Holtz In the Bag die. Before assembling it, I stamped it with a car (Archival Ink Vermillion), photo strip road and of course the perfect sentiment stamp. Many cars was on top of the wish list. The washer was tied around the bag with a piece of string after assembly.

I found some really old metal-rimmed tag, and stamped one with 'Dear Santa', and the other with 'Anton is good' - something that he has said over and over for the past weeks, so that Santa really would know that he hasn't been naughty (which is a bit of a modification of the truth ;).

Thank you for the visit! I hope you will join us in the challenge, and don't miss all the wonderful layouts by DT and guests.

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Dies: Sizzix: In the Bag, Tag & Tie, Vintage Alarm Clock & Camera set
Stamps: Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz: Classics #10, Classics #6, Mini Holidays, Mini Muse; Hero Arts: Spread Joy; Artistic Outpost: Secretary Pool
Surfaces: MME woodgrain paper; Bazzill kraft cardstock; Core'dinations dotted cardstock; BasicGrey red patterned paper
Ink: Archival Ink Jet Black and Vermillion
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology ChitChat stickers; Authentique stickers; washers, metal-rimmed tags, twine


3 comments:

  1. Lovely layout - such great photos... love the kraft tags and bags, and of course all that lovely ripped paper!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute Santa :)
    Great photos and a great two-pager :)
    I love that you have used so many photos and your tags are really cool :)

    Wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rocked this case Anna. I love the large photos on this page!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!