Sunday, October 9, 2011

Spooky Christmas

This card is for one of the most unusual challenges I have ever done, a Stamptoberfest challenge to combine Halloween and Christmas stamps. Since we don’t celebrate Halloween, I don’t have any Halloween stamps, and instead I used bare branches, a somewhat spooky house and a moon stamp. I also used a black and white plus blue colour combo, to add to the spooky feeling, but I am not sure whether the card really looks spooky or more just wintery.


All the stamping, except for the moon was done with black ink. The Santa and reindeer stamp is part of a bigger collage stamp, I used a black marker to only stamp the Santa part of the stamp. The scene is done on glossy cardstock (11x21 cm) and coloured with dye-based inks, using a Colorbox Stylus tool. I started with the lightest blue and grey shades and gradually built up darker shades. Mist was added with white pigment ink and I also stamped the branches and trees with the white ink. Highlights were added with a white gel pen.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies: Stampscapes: Bare Branch 121B, Bare Branch Lg 122F, Spooky Branch Sm; Cloud with Moon Lg 105E, Reeds 067B, Tall Grass Sm 254B, Pebbles 256A; Sutter: Glacier Mountains H-2129, Wildlife Enterprises Bev’s Place, Snowy Fence, Snowy Trail D-1259; Crafty Individuals reindeer and Santa stamp; Adirondack dye ink: Aqua, Slate, Denim, Pitch Black; Distress Ink: Stormy Sky; Jenni Bowlin ink: Spice Tin; Archival Jet Black; Colorbox Frost White; white gel pen; Kromekote glossy cardstock.

1 comment:

  1. OMG this is stunning, can't believe that is all stamping. We don't celebrate Halloween either but I love this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!