I had a lot of fun with the sketch, here's my card:
I tried a fun technique for the background. Heavy watercolour paper was embossed and then inked with Archival ink Aquamarine. A plastic card was used to smear gesso over the piece. Since the Archival ink is permanent, it did not bleed. When it was dry, I clear embossed the whole piece. I cut it into tiles and glued them to black paper. Finally, it was sprayed with turquoise Perfect Pearls spray, which gave a great shimmer to the cardstock and pooled here and there on the tiles, making them shine. Perfect Pearls is so hard to capture on a photo. The three butterflies were stamped with Stazon ink on modelling film and coloured with alcohol inks. When dry, they were heated and shaped. Love this stuff, it keeps its shape so great. A piece of Core’dinations paper was die cut, embossed and sanded and the card was finished off with some old book paper, gauze and a bit of stitching.
Here are some close up pictures:
Thanks so much for visiting!
Supplies: Hero Arts stamps: Three Artistic Butterflies LP215, Sweet Threads Labels CL519; Tim Holtz Sizzix embossing folders and scalloped On the Edge die; Stampers Anonymous Clearly for Art Modeling Film; Archival ink: Aquamarine; Alcohol ink: Pool, Sunflower Yellow, Orange; Stazon Jet Black; Turoquise Perfect Pearls spray; watercolour paper; gauze; old book paper; tiny attacher.