Monday, January 21, 2013

Quiet

Hello! This week our challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show is 'What I am known for'. Lots of opportunities here: do you often use a specific colour, technique or product, or do a project about yourself, or about something you like or that is important for you. Don't miss the wonderful projects by my team mates.

We also have a new team mate to introduce this week, the fabulous Anita Houston is joining our team. I love everything Anita creates and can't wait to see all the gorgeous projects she will make for Simon Says Stamp and Show. Head over to Anita's blog for tons of inspiration.

I made a layout which is me in several different ways: techniques, products, embellishments, and the topic:

I included some of my favourite things: ink turned into watercolour, resist stamping and mist, die cuts, more stamping, a clear element, and some great quotes. I made this layout after a fun, but very busy, day with two friends. Although it was great, I needed some quiet time afterwards, and since I love being outdoors, I decided to scrap this photo from a trip to the sea. Most of the stamps I used are from Dina Wakley.

I used watercolour paper for the background and the large letters were die cut from watercolour paper using the Word Play die and glued to the layout. Grunge circles were white embossed and I misted the layout with Goosebumps mist, which resists the ink when dry. All the white spots you see come from the Goosebumps spray, it gives a really great texture. When the Goosebumps spray was dry, I misted the paper very heavily with water because I wanted a fluid watercolour wash effect. It was immediately misted with Dylusions inks. The water helps the inks to blend and move around in interesting ways.

When the ink was dry, I used Distress Ink (Mowed Lawn and Broken China) to ink through stencils. I printed quotes about quiet time, nature and silence and cut them into strips.

The edges were distressed, I love the look of distressed watercolour paper.

The photo mat was die cut with the Ornamental die and stamped with the alphabet stamp from Tim Holtz School Desk set, with Chrome Yellow ink. I distressed the edges of the photo a bit. We had a great day on an almost empty beach this day and I wish this beach wasn't so very far away, it would have been nice to have taken a walk there often. The butterfly was die cut several time from vellum and white embossed using the same alphabet stamp.

I love this Silhouette Script stamp from Dina Wakley and stamped it with Archival Jet Black ink. The Stamper's Anonymous Dragonfly was stamped with Stazon Cotton White ink twice on a transparency. The wings and body was cut from one of the impressions and layered on top of the other. The wood veneer lady was white washed with Snow Cap dabber paint.

The title was die cut from white cardstock with the Alphabetical die.

I am looking forward to seeing all the interpretations of this fun challenge theme. As always, one random participant wins a $50 gift voucher from our great sponsor Simon Says Stamp.


Thank you so much for the visit!!

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Stamps: Dina Wakley: Silhouette Script, Grunge Tree, Circle Script, Grungy Circles; Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz School Desk, Classics #1
Surfaces: watercolour paper, vellum, acetate
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Chrome Yellow; Distress Ink: Mowed Lawn, Broken China; Stazon Cotton White; Versamark
Embossing powder: Ranger Seafoam White
Stencils: The Crafter's Workshop Mini Paint Lids, Mini Art Is
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology Word Bands; Studio Calico Wood Veneer Potty People

23 comments:

  1. Fabulous colours and layers. I love how you built up your background and the photo and stamped figure are wonderful together. The transparent piece is brilliant and really adds to your page. A fabulous vibrant creation! Sarah x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna-Karin...I really do like your layout. The colors are magic and I love all of the interesting patterns and images you've accomplished through your spraying, stamping and textures you've used. The picture of you walking along the sand, in solitude is perfect for your focal point. I love all of the sayings, too. So pretty... <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna-Karin, I love your use of zesty colours here and the texture from your dimensional lettters and the resist techniques. Lovely layout and use of techniques. Beautiful focal image too. Great text too. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo gorgeous, Anna-Karin! Love these colors and how you built up the background with stamping and other layering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very artistic layout!!! So rich in detail, thought and textures! LOVE!

    Hugs,

    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This layout takes my breath away! from the texture to the colors, the layering and details to the design WOW. Like all of your creations, I am blown away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, I love the layers and stamps and everything, the color is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so much gorgeous color and texture! Just amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunning combination of colors and techniques...wow!!! It definitely says YOU to me, Anna-Karin :) lovely work!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anna-Karin

    Beautiful inspired project, love the vibrant/refreshing colours along with all the layers/textures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love your layout! The background is just beautiful! The photo is so lovely with the journalling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the shout out, and please know that I feel the same about your work! What you do with a stamp is simply fabulous! This layout is exceptional...looks like a canvas! Gorgeous color and love the theme...fab pic too! So thrilled to be working with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so completely amazing, Anna-Karin... I'm bookmarking it as a favourite as I know I'll want to come back to drink in all the details and ideas and techniques again (already been to see how much the goosebumps spray is! And I have my first Dylusions sprays on their way...). Just love how the figure in the photo is echoed by the Dina silhouette to mention just one thing. Simply and utterly wonderful... thank you for the constant inspiration you provide.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness what a divine page!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning piece! Love the color combo! And the background is simply amazing! So many layers and things going on!Fabulous! Hope you're enjoying your holiday in Sweden! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, stunning colours and texture, I really love how you have used the dragon fly blue print stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  17. pretty picture!! you made a beautiful lay-out with it.
    colours are so nice.
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very lovely!I love all the wonderful elements!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing the tip on water misted to blend to give the water color effect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the ethereal feel you created with all your layers of paint, stamps and ephemera. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your work, the backgrounds are awsome, the colours are perfect, the combination is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful work, love the colors!
    Bye Mascha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!