Monday, May 5, 2014

Trust Your Heart Art Journal Page

Hello Monday! This week we have a bit of a different Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge for you, based on today's date 5/5. You can do this in two ways.

A) You need to “pick five” things TOTAL to create your next project. (and picking something like ‘copic markers’ would count as one thing but you could use multiple colors)

B) You need to use five of something (papers, buttons - anything!) on your project.

or

C) Be inspired by the number 5.
 
I picked option A and used: Simon Says Stamp new dye inks, Simon Says Stamp Falling Hearts Stencil, Simon Says Stamp heart dies, a Wendy Vecchi stamp set, and Kelly Purkey washi tapes. And nothing else, except that I needed some paper to work on, and used Specialty Stamping Paper and a small scrap of old book paper. I was tempted to add a background stamp to give more texture to the background, but stayed with my five products.
 
Here you can see the products I used for my page. When I picked these out, I still didn't have an idea of what I was going to make. This is a fun way of challenging yourself. In addition to the art journal page, I also made a little card.
 
I started out by stamping the gorgeous flower, inking it up with Sea Glass, Island Blue and Leaf Green. Dye ink stamp wonderfully on Specialty Stamping Paper. The sentiment was stamped with Khaki and I inked only the last three letters ('art') and stamped it repeatedly with first and second generation stamping.

The page was inked with the Simon Says Stamp dye inks, starting with the lightest colours and gradually building up darker colours. Starting with the lightest colour makes it easier to apply the darker smoothly. The Sea Glass blue is a great light blue ink. I used a Tim Holtz ink-blending tool and Ranger Craft Nibs for the small areas on the flower. The Falling Hearts stencil was placed over the background and inked with Island Blue. I also stamped parts of one of the sentiments stamps from the set I used here and there in the Dark Chocolate ink. The dotted washi tape was cut in two to make a thinner strip of tape.

Love the look of this sentiment and the Khaki is such a great light brown, kraft coloured ink. Hearts were die cut from old book paper and placed here and there. The finished journal page was glued to a page in my Small Creative Journal.

When I was making my page, I stamped the flower on a piece of scrap paper with Sea Glass just to see how it would come out. I didn't plan to use this paper, but when I was done with the page my eyes feel on the scrap paper and I liked the light blue flower. It was made into a mini card, using the same sentiment, the Falling Hearts stencil and  die cut text hearts.
 
I hope you will play along with us this week! As every week, one randomly drawn participant wins a $50 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp. And don't miss the gorgeous creations by my fellow DT members.
 
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
 
Thank you for stopping by!
 
Happy stamping!
 
Anna-Karin
 
Supplies
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Wendy Vecchi: The Beauty of Art
Ink: Simon Says Stamp dye ink: Khaki, Green Apple, Sea Glass, Leaf Green, Dark Chocolate, Island Blue
Die: Simon Says Stamp: Large Holiday Shapes
Stencil: Simon Says Stamp: Falling Hearts
Embellishments: Kelly Purkey: Washi Tape Pack

20 comments:

  1. Your project is so inspiring.I'm working on mine now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous work - love this to bits xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Wendy Vecchi set of stamps and I love what you did with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty, Anna-Karin! Love the blue with the green! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty page! It reminds me of summer. the sentiments are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely color combo! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful page, great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page! I love the texture & colors you chose, as well as the picture you included of the actual 5 kinds of things you chose :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty page! I really like the mini card too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page! Love the pretty green and blue color scheme :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore the look you achieved with those cut-out hearts! You used them both ways, which was brilliant. Great work, especially when you only used just a few supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my Anna-Karin! What a beautiful project! Lovin' all the hearts scattered about and all the stamping detail! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful page, Anna-Karin and all your details are just wonderful. I love the little hearts scattered all around and the colours you've used are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, absolutely beautiful!! You are on some very top design teams & now I see why. Great products too. Tfs :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful project! Wonderful colors and stamps, your mini card is lovely! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the soft peaceful colors! It is so beautiful. Have a wonderful day:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its a beautiful art journal page

    ReplyDelete
  19. such loveliness with so few products! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!