Saturday, April 19, 2014

Wood Textures Layout

Hello and Happy Easter! A new CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration challenge is up. Darkroom Door is sponsoring CSI this month and I used some gorgeous stamps on my layout. Here's this week's case file:

My layout:

Inspired by the wooden elements on the inspiration photo I decided to use some wood patterned paper on my layout, also since I tend to not use patterned paper that much. From the evidence I used: wood, map, globe, tags and leaves. And from the testimony I journaled on tags and was inspired by the journey theme.

My layout is about playing outside and the journaling is about all our favourite things to do, just outside the door. I wrote the journaling on the back of the tag in the middle. This tree is one of the favourite places, as well as searching for all kinds of insects, feeding the ducks in the pond next door, running around, planting leaves and found seeds, playing with friends, flying kite and more.

The bird was stamped on a leftover inked tag and coloured with Inktense pencils. The title was die cut from mat board, painted and stamped with a map background stamp. It translates to 'outdoors'.

Three tags were die cut from manila cardstock and coloured with Distress Inks (smeared on my craft sheet and misted with water). I stamped the tags with Darkroom Door stamps: trees, a map background, a house and some sentiments.

I really like this quote. The trees were stamped with chalk ink and the rest of the stamping was done with dye inks. I also used some really old leaf buttons, which were one of my earlier supplies. My son found them the other day and wanted to keep most of them, the rest ended up on this layout.

I love this Mini Vintage Globe by Tim Holtz and have used it a lot, it fits so well with any page that has to do with exploring and learning about the world, regardless of whether it is the 'small' world just outside the door or the big world as in traveling. I die cut it from cream mat board and painted with Distress Paints, mixing Broken China and Pine Tree to get the right teal colour. It was stamped with the map background stamp and I die cut the continents a second time from natural sticky-back canvas.

This little bird was also stamped on a leftover tag and coloured with Inktense pencils. The leaves were die cut from natural sticky-back canvas and inked.

Thank you for looking! I hope you can join us this week!

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Ranger: Manila Cardstock, Natural Sticky-Back Canvas; Sizzix Little Sizzles Cream Mat Board 6 x 13; Kaisercraft Base Coat, Base Coat III 12 x 12 patterned paper
Dies: Sizzix: Garden Greens, Tag & Bookplates, Vintage Fan & Globe, Vintage Market XL, Butterfly Frenzy
Stamps: Darkroom Door: Trees, Gum Trees, Map Background, Doors, Home Sweet Home, Love Birds
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black; Distress Ink: Pumice Stone, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Shabby Shutters, Gathered Twigs; Versamagic: Tea Leaves; Memento: Teal Zeal
Paint: Distress Paint: Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Broken China, Pine Needles
Pencils: Derwent Inktense Pencils
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Cream & Black Trimmings; 7Gypsies Masking Tape; leaf buttons

5 comments:

  1. So, so lovely, Anna-Karin - the stamping on the tags is just exquisite, and I love the earthy natural look of the whole layout - brilliant!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful layout - and I adore the Jim Morrison quote xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great layout, love all the tags x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful layout, I love that wood effect paper and those beautiful stamped and coloured birds - just wonderful. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so, so beautiful, Anna-Karin!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!