Thursday, April 17, 2014

Reading Chair

Hello everyone! I still have some CHA samples to share, that I made for Eileen Hull using her Sizzix Cherished Collection.
 
This is a cozy fabric-covered reading chair made with the 3-D Chair die. I used Tim Holtz Eclectic Elements fabric to cover the mat board chair and just added some simple embellishment and ink. This is such a fun die, and can fit lots of themes. You can choose whether you use the rocking chair feet or not and you can made the seat into a little box and fill with a gift or sweets. 

The chair was die cut from cream mat board and I used a glue stick to glue fabric to the mat board. The large part was covered back and front. I frayed the edges and inked with Gathered Twigs. The rocking chair feet were also inked with Gathered Twigs.
 
Assemble the chair using strong adhesive. I also added a few mini staples, to make sure everything was safely stuck.

Since the Scoreboards dies both cuts and scores the material, it is very easy to assemble the chair.
 
As you know, I like adding photos to my projects and I had the perfect photo for this project, of my son reading in the sofa. I also cut a little pillow from cream felt.

A Chit Chat sticker and two gears gave the finishing touches.
 
Thank you for looking!
 
Happy Crafting!
 
Anna-Karin
 
Supplies:
Dies: Sizzix: 3-D Chair
Fabric: Tim Holtz Eclectic Elements
Ink: Distress Ink: Gathered Twigs
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Sprocket Gears, Mini Gears, Long Fasteners, Chit Chat stickers


13 comments:

  1. I just LOVE this wonderful chair - with all the fabric textures and patterns - this is SO fun - especially with a little reader enjoying the seat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! Great job! I also love your project below. I love birds. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so beautiful, you have made that little boy look as if he is actually sitting in that chair - very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic piece Anna-Karin, love,how,you have added the picture, just perfect as is the fabric. Gorgeous piece. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work Anna karin - fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the raw edges. And your son is adorable! A great addition. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This speaks to me as I am a Bookworm, always have been known to have my nose in a book!
    Charming the way you created this chair and the raw edges are wonderful.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wahouuuu this is just amazing. I love that !

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just the sweetest project......Just love it......

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow awesome creation!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. love everything about it! amazing creation!!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!