Monday, February 17, 2014

Vintage Cameo Card

Hi everyone! A new week and a new challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog, A Cameo Appearance. Such a fun theme!

My grandmother had a vintage cameo brooch, which I can remember very well. I thought the Henry & Harriet stamp by Darkroom Door fit well with this theme and decided to make a card with it as a focal piece. You can use any cameos to embellish the card.

For the background, I aged a piece of manila cardstock with Tsukineko Walnut Ink Crystals, which give a really nice effect. Dilute the crystals in warm water. While the paper was still wet, I sprinkled some dry crystals on the paper. The background was stamped with Darkroom Door splatter stamps and script stamp.

I stamped the image with Archival Ink and coloured it with Derwent Inktense pencils. It was also splattered with some Walnut Stain Distress Ink. 

Love this pen nib stamp, which has seven different pen nibs. I stamped them on leftover walnut stained paper and cut three of them out.

I hope you will join us this week! As always, on random participant wins a $50 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp.

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/servlet/StoreFront

Thank you for the visit!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Ranger Manila Cardstock; Core'dinations Tim Holtz Kraft-Core cardstock; Neenah Smooth Classic Cream
Stamps: Darkroom Door: Henry & Harriet, Paint Splats, Pen Nibs, Love Letters Vol. 1
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black, Potting Soil; Distress Ink: Gathered Twigs, Walnut Stain
Walnut Crystals: Tsukineko Walnut Ink Antiquing Crystals
Pencils: Derwent Inktense Coloured Pencils
Embellishments: Jolee's Boutique French General Layered Metal Resin Cameos

26 comments:

  1. so much grungy inky goodness - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this gorgeous card. I have a cameo that would fit this theme that I found in a box of bits that were originally my grandmothers, unfortunatly it's not an heirloom.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is stunning and thank you for stopping by mine and leaving such a sweet comment on my "A Little bit of Love" art journal page, really appreciate it :)
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh wow! This is so pretty! Love the grungy feel of it! And the cameo's on the side are lovely! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, I love the inky walnut backdrop. The images just sit perfectly against the backdrop and I love the cameos. Love the vintage feel too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant vintage look - love all the splodges and splatters - fabulous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Walnut crystals are one of my crafting essentials, I love them so much and how I love your background and the whole of this card.
    Beautiful that you included the cameos, a reminder of your Grandmother.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anna-Karin...your card is gorgeous. I love the brown hues that you've used on this with the additions of the pink background and also cameos. That vintage image of the couple is so lovely and I love the script background, too. Those pen nibs really are such a nice detail as are the distressed edges of the papers. As always, I love your work! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. The distressing and detailing on this piece is just totally lovely, Anna-Karin!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!
    I love the touch of lace peeping out. So romantic. So sweet. And your background is inky awesomeness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anna Kerin,

    You really have a talent for vintage looking projects. All the small touches make your card look like someone could have unearthed it out of Grandmother's attic... looking authentically beautiful!

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This piece has such a stunning vintage vibe! I love the incorporation of the pen nibs and you framed that couple beautifully. I felt like it was one of those cool old-time photo's that I could step into. Great combination of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your work is amazing, love your work and this project too

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always, this is just amazing work Anna-Karin and once again, I'm drawn into the piece which for me, tells such a wonderful story!! I love it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. so lovely! beautiful touch with the cameo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing card! These stamps are wonderful and you used them in a stunning way as always! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is wonderfully artful and charming. And I love the brown and pinks coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a clever design idea for using those cameos. Love it. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! The layers and inky colors are so lovely. The cameos make a beautiful embellishment to this sweet couple!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a fabulous design, Anna-Karin. Love the gorgeous vintage color scheme and the layers of paper. The stamped image is totally wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a beautiful vintage card Anna-Karin! The splattered background adds such an awesome touch and the trio of cameos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree with everyone...this whole card is spectacular...from the vintage feel to the distressing to the layering...such a lovely card Anna..

    Hugs
    Nancy T.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the vintage look and the design. Thanks for showing Anneke.
    www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the vintage look and the design. Thanks for showing Anneke.
    www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!