Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Gesso Resist Tutorial

Hi everyone! I am sharing a tutorial on the Sizzix blog today, for a gesso resist technique. I made an art journal page, but you can use the technique for any type of project.
 
I was thinking of my Gesso Dry Embossing tutorial, and wanted to do something similar with dies instead. You can use basically any die to create this background, I just happened to have reached for the new Tim Holtz Vintage Market XL die. Also with Dylusions mists, tissue tape, Distress Ink and more die cuts.

To see the whole tutorial, head over to the Sizzix blog.

Have a lovely inky day!

Anna-Karin

6 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and a great use of the die. I love the wonderful colour choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful page Anna Karin - fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glorious pages - the resist is so cool!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful done! the letters that you have made looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love these colors! A beautiful page and interesting technique.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Here's another idea I would love to try. Fabulous!!! It's snowing (almost 10 inches of snow outside right now) and I don't have to go to work. I'm dying to get down to my craft room and get some ink on my fingers. I must read some of my students' papers before I do so. Ah ha!! Now I definitely have a reason to get those papers finished so I can try this technique. Thanks again!! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!