Saturday, February 15, 2014

CSI case file #110 - You

Hi everyone! A new challenge is up at CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration. Here is this week's case file:
 
 
My layout: 
 
From the evidence I used: lace, jewels, crown and from the testimony. My journaling is printed on the paper tucked behind the white panel and is taken from the notebook I have where I write down funny things my son says and does, all from October last year. I first picked out three interesting things, but then I added a few more, because I didn't want to limit the journaling. But there are three major things and several smaller ones. I didn't follow the sketch as closely as I normally do (while I was busy working on the layout, the sketch suddenly somehow slipped my mind and the layout took its own course).

The background is Specialty Stamping paper. Since the photos are taken in a tree I used a tree stencil for the background, with two brown inks to get the right shade. The background was stamped with a curiosity definition stamps and some other stamps.

The crown was die cut from mat board, inked yellow and coated with Glossy Accents.

Dye ink looks lovely on Specialty Stamping paper. The dots were sponged through a Simon Says Stamp stencil and the numbers were stamped on top.

I used a Wendy Vecchi stencil for the border and also added a lace and a vintage car stamp.
 
Thank you for looking! I hope you will join us this week!
 
Anna-Karin
 
Supplies:
Surfaces: Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper
Die: Sizzix: Heart Wings
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz: Curiosities, Travel Ways, Paris to London, Ultimate Grunge
Ink: Distress Ink: Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen, Squeezed Lemonade; Archival Ink Jet Black; Memento: Desert Sand
Stencils: Simon Says Stamp: Blocked Circles; Wendy Vecchi Stampers Anonymous: From the Garden; Crafter's Workshop: Mini Branches Reversed
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Label Letters

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous use of that tree stencil and I love the transport stamps - so cool.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great page. Love the stenciled tree, it doesn't look all one color. And the polka dots and grasses, combined with the numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh myyyy! This is so beautiful! I love those trees and your colour choice is just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!