Saturday, February 8, 2014

CSI case file #109 - My Book

Hi everyone! A new CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration challenge is up, with a great primary colour case file:


My layout:
 
From the evidence items I used: dry embossing, frame and silver accents and from the testimony, I journaled about reading. I challenged myself to mainly use patterned papers here, because I wanted to use the great fairy tale papers by Graphic 45. 

The dry embossed text is part of an embossing folder with a bike on it (you can see a card made with it here). I inked it with red. I layered a bunch of patterned papers and cut a frame from one of the Graphic 45 papers.

There were stars in the patterned paper and I added a Tim Holtz Industrious Border sticker with stars too. All the edges were distressed.

The striped paper is the back of the jeans paper, and fit the colour combo real well. The book stamp was a recent RAK from my stamping friend Jan.

Thank you for looking and I hope you will play along this week.

Enjoy your weekend!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Graphic 45 Mother Goose 8 x 8; 7Gypsies Postale Ledger
Embossing folder: Sizzix: Bicycles
Stamps: 100 Proof Press book stamps;
Ink: Ranger Archival Jet Black; Distress Ink: Barn Door
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Industrious Border Stickers, Industrious Stickers, Laboratorie Tissue Tape, Label Letters; alphabet ribbon

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout yet again Anna! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So full of childlike innocence, colour and fun - brilliant!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I'm working on a wall hanging for a newborn, and older brother. Your color palette, b/w checked border, stars, as well as all the sweet graphics are just the inspiration I need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect use of color. Love the primary values. And the denim paper in the background ... awesome!!! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!