Saturday, January 18, 2014

CSI case file #106 - Funny Things

Hello everyone! Sorry about the quiet week, I've been working on my project for May Flaum's Creative Retreat Winter 2014 and on some other projects I can't share yet. The Creative Retreat starts on Monday, you can read more about it in this post. The early discount rate is now over, but if you sign up by clicking here, you'll get $4 off and pay only $20. You don't need to enter any codes.
 
We have another case file for you at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration:
 
 
My layout:
 
I found some photos that worked well with the combo and checked my notebook where I jot down funny things to find a whole bunch of funny things my son said the month these photos were taken. From the evidence I used: ombre, clouds, arrows, grid, circles and something gold. From the testimony, I journaled on clouds. There is also more journaling under the flap of the clipboard.

The ombre background was done with watercolours on watercolour paper. I mixed up a red and a peach, as in the colour combo. The paper was painted with clean water first and then with a wash of the two colours. I added a bit too much water to the red, so it isn't quite as red as I planned.

I white embossed a Wendy Vecchi background stamp repeatedly on the background, for just a bit of texture. The grid, die cut with a Susan's Garden die, was left-over from another project. Question and exclamation marks was placed in the grids because they fit both with numerous daily questions and funny statements.

The clipboard was die cut from Specialty Stamping paper, Core'dinations cardstock and patterned paper, using the Clipboard Card die, which is perfect for adding more journaling to a page. The journaling includes classics such as: 'there is ketchup coming from my nose', always asking for two instead of one, and more.

Thank you for looking! I hope you will join us this week!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Daler & Rowney Aquafine Watercolour paper; Ranger Specialty Stamping cardstock; Core'dinations cardstock; BasicGrey 6 x 6 patterned paper
Dies: Sizzix: Clipboard Card, Arrows, Banners, Chevrons & Clouds, Grid Works 7/8 Squares
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Wendy Vecchi: She Created Art
Embossing powder: Ranger Seafoam White
Paint: Daler & Rowney watercolour paint
Embellishments: Kelly Purkey washi tape: Triangles; Jenni Bowlin letter stickers; October Afternoon letter stickers; baker's twine

1 comment:

  1. Yeah this is a gorgeous layout and I love that stamp... I think I need to get one... so much nice stuff out so little time. I cant wait to start the Creative Retreat... I seriously need some inspiration. Beautiful layout Anna-Karin.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!