Friday, January 31, 2014

12 tags of 2014 January

Hello! Almost weekend, and in the very last minute, my version of Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2014 January.
 
I loved the cool effect of the dry embossed metal foil clock gears on Tim's tag, but instead of using the Pocket Watch die, I used the Vintage Globe. I die cut the globe from grungeboard and carefully cut away the ocean parts with a craft knife. I die cut it again from foil tape and adhered it to the base of the globe (I forgot to adhere foil to the grungeboard before die cutting the globe).

One of the Sized Circles fit perfectly behind the globe and I covered a piece of grungeboard with foil tape and die cut the circle from it. I used the same embossing folder as Tim did, since I liked the idea of all those little gears as the oceans of the world. The embossed gears were distressed with Black Soot and Broken China paint, to also add some blue to the sea. I painted the frame of the globe black, and started out with Peeled Paint continents. Then I changed my mind and painted them with Frayed Burlap instead.

The background was coloured with Antique Linen and Pumice Stone Distress Ink, smeared on my craft sheet and misted with water, before pressing the tag into the ink. I used the Rays stencil and Pumice Stone to add detail to the background. Loved the look of the sanded rub-ons. I went with a travel theme.

This is one of my favourite sentiment stamps and I thought it fit well here.

Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy your weekend!!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Ranger Manila Cardstock, Foil Sheets; Tim Holtz Idea-ology Grungeboard
Dies: Sizzix: Vintage Globe, Sized Circles
Embossing folder: Sizzix: Blueprint & Gears
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz: Odds and Ends
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black; Distress Ink: Pumice Stone, Antique Linen, Black Soot
Paint: Distress Paint: Black Soot, Frayed Burlap, Broken China
Stencil: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz: Rays
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Chit Chat stickers, Black and Cream Trimmings, Words Remnant Rubs, Elements Remnant Rubs

6 comments:

  1. The whole tag is beautiful but the way you did the globe is spectacular. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Low your version of Tim's tag, the globe is awesome. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FANTASTIC! I love what you did with the globe (especially using the foil paper).

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool... fabulous take on the tag - love that aeroplane flying through the rays!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your style!!! The tag is awesome,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!