Saturday, February 9, 2013

CSI case file #58: Visiting my sister

Hello! I didn't get a chance to do my CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration layout last week because of travelling. Since this is the second case file of the month, there is a Page Drafts sketch included in the file.This is our gorgeous case file for this week:


I had a hard time deciding what photos to use and story to tell, and started out with two different sets of sea/boat photos. Then I changed my mind and did a winter layout instead:
From the evidence items I used: woodgrain, metal, string, jewels, clouds, and something sheer. And from the testimony: document a getaway, escape. The photos were taken during a visit to to my sister and brother-in-law. They live in the forest and it is so peaceful and quiet there, which is why it feels like a getaway to me. The journaling is written on the tag and is about how cosy it is both inside and out. My sister is great at decorating her home with little details, and she loves vintage signs, which I tried to imitate on the layout.

I used a great new line of dies from Sizzix called Thinlits, wafer-thin dies which cut very detailed designs, and they come in a great little storage envelope. The clouds were die cut from vellum and then dry embossed. The tattered banner was die cut from a piece of scrap manila cardstock which had been coloured with distress stains. The little glass glitter covered star was also in my scrap box, a left over from this ATC project.

This border was also die cut with a Thinlits die, from Core'dinations ColorCore cardstock and inked with Gathered Twigs. I love this Birch wood patterned paper from BasicGrey, Birch trees are a favourite of mine. I embellished it a bit with stamping as usual.
The arrows were die cut from the same piece of manila scrap as the banner. To make the sign, I covered a piece of glossy cardstock with aluminum tape and die cut it with a new label die. It was painted with Juniper dabber, distressed a bit and then stamped with white paint and a chicken-wire background stamp. The sentiment was stamped with Stazon Jet Black ink.

A close-up of the sign. It is supposed to look a bit like the metal vintage signs my sister likes.

The banner was also die cut from the left-over manila cardstock and stamped with a star stamp and Tumbled Glass ink. Then 'at home' was stamped on top with brown ink.

This wavy patterned paper was also stamped with the chicken-wire stamp and white paint. The snowflake was stamped with Broken China ink. I wanted some snowflakes too, and die cut them from glossy cardstock covered with aluminium tape. They were painted lightly with white paint.

Thank you for the visit! Have a lovely weekend!'

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Dies: Sizzix: Arrows, Banners, Chevrons & Clouds Thinlits, Borders Thinlits, Heart & Label, Tattered Banners, Mini Snowflakes, Primitive Stars, Tag & Tie
Embossing folder: Dot Matrix
Stamps: Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz Mixed Media; Hero Arts: Starry Sky S5448, Enjoy the Seasons CG210, Beautiful CL638, Heydey Sentiments 330053; PSX alphabet stamps
Ink: Distress Ink: Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Gathered Twigs; Stazon Jet Black
Stain: Distress Stain: Antique Linen, Tumbled Glass, Brushed Pewter
Paint: Adirondack Juniper and Snow Cap dabbers
Surfaces: Basig Grey, Studio Calico, FabScraps and Pink Paislee patterned papers; Core'dinations Distress ColorCore cardstock; Ranger manila cardstock; alumimium tape; vellum
Embellishments: rhinestones, twine, glass glitter

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally in love with the layout! The colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!