Saturday, September 22, 2012

CSI case file #38

Hi everyone! Saturday, and another fun CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration challenge. During September we are teaming up with Once Upon a Sketch. Here's this weeks' case file and sketch:

And my layout:

From the evidence I used: branches, birds, newsprint pattern and woodgrain. I wrote my journaling as a newspaper article, but more in an interview form. I flipped the sketch around since I wanted the birds and branches to be on top of, rather than underneath, the photo. The layout is about the answers my son gave to a bunch of questions I asked him at the kitchen table the other day. I didn't have the right colour cardstock for the background, so instead I took a piece of grey cardstock and swept Old Paper and Picket Fence Distress Stain over the paper, getting a cool streaky look. I inked the edges a bit with Vintage Photo. The woodgrain stamp was white embossed and I also stamped the background with a newspaper stamp, with Stormy Sky ink, and birds with Archival Ink Coffee.

The mat behind the photo was stamped with a star background stamp.

The Bird Branch was die cut from mat board, and inked with Stormy Sky, Old Paper, Vintage Photo and Forest Moss. A great thing with white mat board is that you can ink straight on top of it and get the true colour of the ink, in difference to, for example, chipboard. I wanted it to look as if the birds were chatting with each other. I cut a bunch more branches and acorns from kraft core paper, sanded, inked and coated with a bit of Distress Stickles Rock Candy. The title was stamped on Specialty Stamping paper with Coffee ink. The stars were stamped on the same paper with Stormy Sky ink.

The No 1 was die cut from Core'dinations cardstock with the Cargo Stencil die, sanded and then coated with Rock Candy Stickles.

I love how the stamped birds look like they are beneath a layer of mist (Picket Fence stain), when in fact the birds were stamped on top of the dry stain.

The journaling translates: "During a little interview at the kitchen table, Anton revealed all mommy's bests.
Me: What is mommy's best?
A: Anton!
Me: Who is mommys best friend?
A: Pappa!
Me: What is mommy's best toy?
A: (Thinking) Camera!
Me: What is mommy's best thing to drink?
A: Coffee!
Me: What is Anton's best toy?
A: The cars!"

Pretty funny, I wrote it down directly after the conversation, so that I wouldn't forget.

Thank you for looking!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Stamps: Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz Wallpaper & Wood, Psychadelic Grunge, Stamper's Anonymous Dylusions Birds on a Wire; Hero Arts Life of the Party Stars CG299
Dies: Sizzix Bird Branch, Autumn Gatherings, Branch Tree, Cargo Stencil Numbers
Inks: Distress Stain Old Paper and Picket Fence; Distress Ink: Stormy Sky, Old Paper, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain; Archival Ink: Coffee
Embossing powder: Ranger Seamfoam White
Surfaces: Prima ledger paper; 7Gypsies Postale Ledger paper; Core'dinations Tim Holtz kraft core cardstock; Sizzix mat board
Other: Distress Stickles Rock Candy

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic layout - amazing paint and stamping textures in your background, and I love your acorn boughs! Great journalling too...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!