Friday, September 21, 2012

12 tags of 2012 September

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing my version of Tim Holtz's September tag for 12 tags of 2012.

I made the background in much the same way as Tim, just adding a few different marks. I made some cross stitches with my craft scraper, scribbled on the aluminium tape with my needle tool and added a bunch of mini staples. I ran out of staples in my tiny attacher and discovered that without the staples inside, the attacher on its own made really cool marks.

The gear was die cut from grungeboard, painted silver, sanded, inked with Pitch Black and then coated with Glossy Accents. I thought it looked cool above the hole of the tag. The file tab was also cut from grungeboard, painted black, sanded and inked with Walnut Stain. I punched a circle from an old book, picking a spot that had the words 'towards' and 'way' which fit with my tag. The number 1 is a sticker and then I coated it too with Glossy Accents.

The crinkle ribbon was dyed with Pitch Black and Vintage Photo Distress Stain.

The number 1 was die cut with the Cargo Stencil die, and got the same treatment as the gear. Love those little mini gears.

The old book I used is called 'The Paper Palace' a perfect title for paper craftting projects. On the left handside of the tag you can see the marks the tiny attacher made without staples inside.

I loved the industrial and grungy feel of the background and decided to use a vintage car instead of a typewriter as my focal point. The car was die cut from grungeboard, painted black and inked with Walnut Stain. I added a bit of silver to it and a piece of mica as class (tearing the one window). The sentiment was white embossed on the car. The piece of silver circles was originally yellow, I found it in my scraps (cut with the Washer Border die). I painted it silver and drybrushed with a bit of black.
 
Thank you for looking! Have a great weekend!
 
Anna-Karin
 
Supplies:
Stamps:
Inks: Distress Ink Walnut Stain, Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo: Alcohol Ink: Stonewashed, Pitched Black, Ginger: Distress Stain: Black Soot, Vintage Photo
Paint: Adirondack Pitch Black, Silver
Surfaces: Manila tag; aluminium tape; Tin Holtz grungeboard; old book; mica
Other: Tim Holtz Idea-ology game spinners, mini gears, film strip, tiny attacher

 

4 comments:

  1. wow ! this is one fab creation love it !!!! great !
    have a nice weekend, greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on this!Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oef wat is dit mooi! Wens ek kon 'n draai by jou kom maak!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golly, I've only missed a couple of days, but I'm so far behind with visiting! This is a great take on the Tim tag - I love your text just floating against the industrial background - fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!