Saturday, July 28, 2012

Roots: CSI case file #30

Happy Weekend and time for another CSI case file. You can find all the layouts by the DT and awesome guests here. As always, I loved this week’s case file.

From the evidence items I used: metal, sprinkles (paint splatters), hinges and bricks. From the testimony items: childhood story, journaling about different people in a photo.

This sweet photo is if my dad and his siblings. They had a general dealer shop and a post office, and lots of the items on the page relates to that – especially the stamps. The background is stamped with lots of different stamps using Versafine Onyx Black, Archival Coffee and Versafine Smokey Grey. I coloured a few of the images with coloured pencils, inspired by the colours in the inspiration photo. I also used stamps which are probably close to 100 years old, from when my great grandfather started the shop. They still stamp beautifully.

The Stamper’s Anonymous Folded Paper Background stamp, which is large, was stamped on grey patterned paper with Archival Coffee ink, to form the photo mat. Then the post card stamp was stamped on top.

 I was inspired to imitate the metallic doors on the inspiration photo and used one of my favourite techniques. Glossy cardstock was covered with aluminium tape and embossed with the Riveted Metal embossing folder. Then I painted them randomly with Juniper and pink dabber. Quite a lot of the paint was sanded and wiped off when dry. Then the pieces were inked with Frayed Burlap and Walnut Stain, and everything was embossed with clear embossing powder. Love the final result, but a bit hard to photograph. I attached them to the page with hinges, which I had in my stash since the early days of my scrapbooking.

I wrote a really long piece of journaling about my memories from the area on the country-side where my dad grew up, thoughts about him and his siblings and their life, similarities between them and me and my son (who looks a lot like my dad as this age). It was placed behind the doors.

I splattered some watered-down black paint on the layout, inked the edges and stamped the title letters.

Thank you for looking! I hope you can play along with us this week!

Anna-Karin

Supplies: Stamps: Stamper’s Anonymous: Folded Paper Background, PHLAX alphabet stamp, School Desk, Ultimate Grunge, Curiosities, Homemade Art, Letter to Santa; Artistic Outpost: Secretary Pool, Ephemera Backgrounds, Home; Inky wings vintage postcard and postage stamps; Stampelboden milk can; Sizzix: Riveted Metal texture fade, Tiny Tabs & Tags Bigz die; Archival Ink Coffee, green; Versafine Onyx Black and Smokey Grey; pink Versamagic; Distress Ink: Faded Burlap, Walnut Stain; Adirondack Juniper, Pitch Black and Pink Sherbet dabber; aluminium tape; metal hinges; brads; natural sticky-back canvas; BasicGrey Basics ledger paper; Scenic Route grid paper; Derwent coloured pencils.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! This is one spectacular piece of work, your tamping and embossing working is stunning and you tied it all in beautifully and your colours were definitely on the mark.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!