Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Altered Notebok Tutorial

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing a step-by-step tutorial for an altered notebook on the Sizzix blog. I have a whole pile of things at home waiting to be altered, and sometimes the items have to wait a really long time, but after grabbing this plain chipboard notebook from the shelf of a supermarket, I started altering it that very afternooon. A record for sure!

Here's the finished front cover:

I had fun using one of my favorite new dies, Word Play. When using stickers or chipboard letters, I keep running out of certain letters (e, a, o, etc.) and now I can just cut my own letters out of almost any material. Pretty cool. And I love the cute Love Birds die.

Here's the back cover:

The notebook has some of my favorite things: text elements, lots of texture, birds and of course some stamping.

If you head over to the Sizzix blog, you can see how I altered the notebook.

Thank you for looking!!

Anna-Karin

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful tutorial...and great project. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I tracked you down and am now a new follower! :)

    Susan

    www.expressionavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful... I too love text in craft pieces, and the alphabet dies seem amazing. Just love your colours and subtlety as always.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous!!! Great design and coloration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is yummy! Love the texture and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Åh - den är ju helt UNDERBAR! Perfekt design (skulle själv aldrig får till den där snygga shabby looken )-: trots att jag gillar den så mycket) Tack för great inspiration (-:
    Kram Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous creation Anna-Karin,,,just wanted to visit your blog because you gave such nice comment on my altered tin.
    What a lovely creations you've made! This one is super!

    Thanks a lot and a nice weekend, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!