Wednesday, July 25, 2012

12 tags of 2012 July


Today I am sharing my version of Tim’s July 12 tags of 2012. I didn’t have any canned air, so I used a straw instead. I think it gives a bit less control and you have to be really fast since the alcohol ink dries fast.
I used three colours of alcohol ink on glossy cardstock (Sunshine Yellow, Orange, Citrus). Tim also used a metallic mixative, which I tried too, but I wanted to use a flower stamp, and liked it better without the metal. The flowers were stamped with Archival Jet Black and I stamped only the first part of a sentiment, masking out the rest when inking the stamp.

I found two little charms on my desk which fit with the summery feeling of the tag. They were stitched to the tag. The focal panel was layered on two kraft core papers which were first sanded and distressed. The tag was die-cut from kraft paper and swept with Picket Fence Distress Stain.

The crinkle ribbon was dyed with Mustard Seed and Peeled Paint Distress Stains.

Thank you for looking!

Anna-Karin

Supplies: Stamper’s Anonymous Tim Holtz: Nature’s Moments; Sizzix Tag & Bookplates die; Alcohol inks: Sunshine Yellow, Orange, Citrus; Archival Ink Jet Black; Distress Stain Picket Fence, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint; Core’dinations kraft core  orange and green; idea-ology ribbon; charms; Kaisercraft rhinestones; Ranger glossy cardstock.

6 comments:

  1. Love the natural simplicity of this... vibrant summer colours with that beautiful silhouette over them.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so eye catching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh a little when I read your post--I tried this without the canned air too. My poor husband thought I had lost my marbles! He even offered to go buy me some canned air before I hurt myself! Pretty card. Very happy colors for summer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is so cute! It inspires me to use the colors you chose to create a fall tag using the same technique!
    Virginia's Designs on FB.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!